Sunday, October 23, 2011

Yaasin and Al-Mulk, I choose you and youuu!

Salam,

My last entry was about two weeks ago. It's always better to be late than never, kan?

Here is my story.

Yaasin and Al-Mulk are among the first long surah that I had memorized since primary school. But since both surah are very long and I only read them occasionally (once a month or maybe less), I have forgotten most of them especially those verses at the back. I would say this assignment is like an opportunity for me to push and force myself to re-memorize them all and keep them back to my memory storage. It might look easy but for a forgetful person like me, keeping what I have memorized years back is something that needs a lot of effort. O Allah, ease me.

I started my Yaasin memorization two weeks ago and up till now, ahamdulillah I manage to memorize about one page of it. One page (12 verses) for two weeks might seems so little, but hey remember it is the effort that counts okay heheh.

You might be wondering what happen to the other surah. Yes, I have not start memorizing Al-Mulk yet. It is my strategy, that is to do one thing at a time. I am going to explain that after this.

Here are the strategies and techniques I applied when memorizing the surah. It may not be applicable to other people but for me, it works just great!

1. As memorizing needs a total focus, allocate a specific time for memorization. I choose to do that between maghrib and isya' everyday (that is the time where I can be super productive!)

2. Do one thing at a time. Do not overload yourself with lots of things at a time. You might be ended up mixing them all together. I choose to memorize Yaasin first then only Al-Mulk. I plan to finish memorizing this surah by this semester break and should start with Al-Mulk after the mid-semester break. Or perhaps earlier than that? Ceh ceh berangan!

3. Instead of repeating the same short surah ( the three 'qul', An-naas, ect) over and over again for five time a day, I choose to read the surah that I currently memorized during my prayer. And I usually read about four verses per rakaat.

4. Instead of listening to sinful songs, change it to the Quranic recitation. Easy peasy lemon squeezy lah! Download the MP3 of the surah and listen to them repeatedly. I do this when I am working with my computer. I find it so useful and it helps a lot especially in getting familiar with the surah.

I am extremely sleepy that I hardly open my eyes now. Going to bed.Till we meet again!

Maryam.



No comments:

Post a Comment